Have you ever been to New Orleans? The French Quarter is a lively place with Jazz music and Creole food! The fun, the colors, the sounds, and mainly the food is what makes New Orleans so special!
Port Orleans French Quarter
Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter tries to capture that New Orleans feel. This Disney resort, along with its sister resort, Port Orleans Riverside is a Disney Springs resort in Walt Disney World. Both of these Disney hotels are 1.7 miles from Disney Springs.
Port Orleans French Quarter combines the energy of Mardis Gras with the charm of New Orlean’s French Quarter. This Disney is set along the man-made Sassagoula River.
The food court inside Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter is called Sassagoula Floatworks. This Mardi Gras themed dining hall a fun quick dining plan place.
Inside the Sassagoula Floatworks, you will see a Bakery kiosk. There you will find Disney’s version of Mardi Gras King cakes, cupcakes and even Mickey shaped Pralines!
But the true star of the Bakery section is the Mickey shaped Beignets! Dough, shaped like Mickey are fried and covered in powdered sugar.
If you have never been to New Orleans for their Beignets, then you are in for a treat! The Walt Disney World’s Beignets are the closest to the New Orleans version!
You will love this sweet doughy Disney snack. People line up at the Port Orlean’s French Quarter’s Sassagoula Floatworks to get the Beignets served there!
- 1 pack dry yeast
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 7 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup undiluted evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup soft shortening oil, for frying
- Confectioner's sugar
- In a large bowl, sprinkle yeast over water, stir to dissolve.
- Add sugar, salt, eggs, and milk.
- Blend with rotary beater.
- Add 4 cups of the flour.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Roll out on floured board to 1/8" thickness.
- Cut into 2 1/2" squares.
- Deep fry at 360 degrees 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned on both sides.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle heavily with confectioner's sugar
Dough keeps well in the refrigerator for several days. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and punch down occasionally.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 85 Total Fat: 2g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 8mg Sodium: 46mg Carbohydrates: 15g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 4g Protein: 2g
Looking for more info on the Port Orleans French Quarter? Check out these blog posts:
- DISNEY’S PORT ORLEANS – FRENCH QUARTER REVIEW from Mouse Hacking
- 5 Mistakes to Avoid at Port Orleans French Quarter Resort in Orlando from Wonder Wisdom