Disney’s Vacation Club
Disney has a timeshare like options called Disney’s Vacation Club or DVC as commonly referred to. The first DVC was the Old Key West Resort.
Old Key West Resort
Tucked away in the Disney Springs area is the Old Key West Resort. Modeled after a Key West, this DVC is charming.
The main restaurant at Disney’s Old Key West is called Olivia’s Cafe. Let’s take at Disney’s Olivia Cafe:
Key West Flavor
The food served at Olivia’s Cafe has Key West Flavor. One of the popular Key West inspired dishes served at Olivia’s Cafe is the crab cakes.
Crab Cake Recipe
Olivia’s Cafe is proud of their crab cakes. They serve their crab cake recipe for breakfast, brunch, lunch, and dinner! Disney’s Olivia Cafe crab cakes truly are amazing!
- 3 oz. snow-crab meat
- 4 1/2 oz. lump-crab meat
- 1 oz. eggs, beaten
- 2 pinches cilantro
- 1 pinch salt and pepper mix
- 1 oz mayonnaise
- 0.5 oz. breadcrumbs
- 1 pinch fresh parsley
- 0.5 oz. heavy cream
- 9 oz. Panko bread crumbs
- 4 oz. eggs beaten (separate from above)
- 4 oz. flour
- Mix all but the last three ingredients gently until well blended.
- Roll mixture into 1.5 oz cakes and place in freezer until firm.
- When firm, dust cakes with flour.
- Roll dusted cakes in the 4 oz. portion of beaten eggs and then coat in Panko breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry in cooking oil for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes until cakes are golden brown and reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Disney Mickey Mouse Hand Oven Glove Set - Silicone - Heat-Resistant, Food Safe - Right and Left Hand Pair
- Disney Theme Park Exclusive Mickey Mouse Flatware Set of 24
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 397 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 141mg Sodium: 601mg Carbohydrates: 47g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 3g Protein: 23g
Looking for more info on Olivia’s Cafe? Check out these blog posts:
- Olivia’s Cafe from The Disney Food Blog
- Lunch Review: Olivia’s Cafe – Disney’s Old Key West Resort from Kids On A Plane