Escape to the rustic majesty of America’s Great Northwest. Inspired by turn-of-the-century National Park lodges, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge celebrates American craftsmanship and honors the beauty of the untamed wilderness.- Source: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/
Wilderness Lodge Restaurants
The Wilderness Lodge Resort has 5 dining options, plus the Wilderness lodge also offers room service. The Wilderness Lodge restaurants are:
- Storybook Dining at Artist Point with Snow White
- Whispering Canyon Cafe
- Geyser Point Bar & Grill
- Roaring Fork
- Territory Lounge
Artist Point was the revamped in September 2018 to be
Storybook Dining at Artist Point with Snow White. Yep, Snow White moved into the Wilderness.
The sophistication of Artist Point became a more sophisticated character dining. The jury is still out if the reimagining of the Artist Point dining is better as this Snow White dining character dining at the Wilderness Lodge.
Smokey Portobello Soup
With the revamp of Artist Point, the menu also was changed. One of my favorites was the smokey Portobello soup they served. Yes, this mushroom soup is no longer available to get on the Disney menu.
I love mushroom soup, this smokey mushroom soup recipe was to die for. The creamy texture combined with the smokey taste, made this portobello soup stand out!
The Smokey Portobello Soup is one of those retired Disney recipes I wish they would bring back. The closest I have found to a good Mushroom Soup I like is at the 1900 Fare at the Grand Floridan. Sadly I have read that Disney might retire that soup recipe as well.
The Smokey Portobello Soup was served from Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge. This Disney soup recipe has a wonderful mushroom taste! #WildernessLodge #artistpoint #DisneyRecipe
- 6 each Medium Portobello Mushrooms
- 3 each Medium Smoked Portobello Mushrooms (see instructions)
- 1/2 cup Sweet onions
- 1 cup Chardonnay
- 2 quarts Heavy Cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Garlic, chopped
- 1 1/4 cup White Roux (equal parts of butter & flour; cook slowly over low heat)
- To taste Salt & pepper
- Croutons (see recipe)
- chive oil (see recipe)
- roasted shitake mushrooms (see recipe),
- chives cut for garnish
Smoking Portobello mushrooms
- In a home smoker, place thick slices of Portobello mushrooms on the rack and cold smoke for one hour
- We use oak chips for our smoker
1. Pre-heat the oven to 325-350 Fahrenheit
2. Cut 6 slices of your favorite bread into 3/4" squares.
3. Toss in a bowl with 1/4 cup melted butter.
4. Place on a baking sheet and season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Bake at 325-350 Fahrenheit until brown.
1. Place 1 cup of light olive oil in a blender and add to that 1 cup of chives
2. Blend for 30 seconds and let rest for 1 hour
3. Strain through a fine sieve
Roasted Shitake Mushrooms
1. Thinly slice 2 cups of Shitake Mushrooms.
2. Toss with 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil and a little salt and pepper.
3. Place on a baking sheet and roast in the oven at 375 Fahrenheit until crispy and golden brown.
4. Cool and set aside.
Sour Cream Garnish
1. Place a little sour cream in a bowl and whip it up by hand until smooth.
2. Set aside.
- Clean the Portobellos by wiping them with a damp towel (do not
- wash!) Remove the mushroom gills (the slats on the underside of the
- Sauté the Onions lightly (to sweat.)
- Add the unsmoked Mushrooms to the Onions.
- Add the Garlic when the Mushrooms are almost cooked.
- Add the smoked Mushrooms.
- Add the Chardonnay and reduce by half.
- Place in a blender or food processor in batches.
- Add the Heavy Cream slowly and continue to blend.
- Season to taste.
- Place the mixture back into the pot.
- Add the Roux and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot and garnish with Croutons and Roasted Shiitake Mushrooms,
- a dollop of Sour Cream, drizzle with Chive Oil, and cut Chives.
- Disney Mickey Mouse The True Original 90th Anniversary Limited Edition Collectible Wine Glass Set
- Bake Safe w/Disney Cotton Potholders w/Pocket, Neoprene for Easy Gripping, Heat Resistant up to 500 Degrees F, 8x9”, Red, Mickey Mouse Gloves - Novelty 2pk
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1519 Total Fat: 149g Saturated Fat: 93g Trans Fat: 5g Unsaturated Fat: 46g Cholesterol: 441mg Sodium: 415mg Carbohydrates: 31g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 12g Protein: 14g
AllEars.Net The Unofficial Disney Vacation Planning Guide - Walt Disney World, Disneyland and Disney Cruise Line
- Menu Mania: Cookie Dough, Cupcakes, Cinco de Mayo, Mother’s Day, and More Menu Updates!by Sarah Sands on April 23, 2019 at 7:41 pm
- Menu Mania: Cookie Dough, Cupcakes, Cinco de Mayo, Mother’s Day, and More Menu Updates!
Oh My Disney The official destination for Disney stories and news.
- Natalie Portman Will Narrate Disneynature’s Dolphin Reef, Coming to Disney+by Ilana Gelfand on April 22, 2019 at 9:19 pm
- Natalie Portman Will Narrate Disneynature’s Dolphin Reef, Coming to Disney+