The Volcano Dessert was the grand final dessert at Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show located at the Polynesian Resort. This favorite chocolate dessert has been retired from the luau menu. The volcano dessert was a crowd pleaser for this Disney dinner show.
Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show
The Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show is presented twice nightly at Luau Cove. This is an all-you-care-to-eat, family-style luau featuring hula dancing and a fire-knife performer. Because the nature of this dinner show, it is an open-air covered dining theater.
Disney’s Spirit of Aloha Show Menu
The Menu for the Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show has changed. for the longest time the description for this luau dinner show was:
Barbequed pork ribs, roast chicken, fresh pineapple, salad with mango poppy seed dressing garnished with Mandarin oranges, Polynesian-style rice, and seasonal vegetables. Save room for the chocolate “”mouse”” volcano!
The chocolate “”mouse”” volcano, has been retired from the Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show menu. This volcano dessert was a chocolate mousse in a pyramid shape that was streaming with raspberry sauce. It was a chocolate lovers delight!
Old Retro Disney Recipes
This chocolate volcano is no longer served up at the Polynesian’s Luau. Hopefully one day Disney will bring back this popular dessert, but I do have a collection of old retro Disney recipes, like this luau volcano dessert to share with you.
Did you have this mousse dessert at the Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show? Did you enjoy it? Would you want Walt Disney World to bring it back? Let’s talk about it in the comments!
Be sure to check out:
- 2 cups Heavy cream
- 8 oz White chocolate
- 2 Egg yolks
- 10 oz Sugar
- 10 oz Exotic fruit puree, mango/pineapple/passion fruit/lemon
- 1 oz. Cocoa Powder
- Melt white chocolate at room temperature
- Whip egg yolks with sugar until creamy texture.
- Puree tropical fruits and mix with egg mixture.
- Add white chocolate
- Whip heavy cream until a creamy consistency, but not quite firm and fold into batch.
- Pour into small molds and freeze until completely frozen.
- Turn over the frozen molds onto a serving platter and dust with cocoa powder.
- Serve with your favorite tropical and berry sauce
- Walt Disney World Resort Polynesian Village Tiki Frosted Mug Souvenir Cup Glass
- Disney Enchanted Tiki Room Coaster Set
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 722 Total Fat: 43g Saturated Fat: 26g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 159mg Sodium: 59mg Carbohydrates: 82g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 77g Protein: 7g
Are you looking for more Disney blogs? Check out the latest feeds from these Disney Blogs:
AllEars.Net The Unofficial Disney Vacation Planning Guide - Walt Disney World, Disneyland and Disney Cruise Line
- New Stroller Rentals Now Being Tested at Disney’s Animal Kingdomby Sierra Vieregge on June 26, 2019 at 11:44 am
- New Stroller Rentals Now Being Tested at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Disney Tourist Blog Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks
- Art of Animation Update: 2019-2020 Resort & Pool Refurbishmentsby Tom Bricker on June 26, 2019 at 12:12 am
- Art of Animation Update: 2019-2020 Resort & Pool Refurbishments