Last Updated on
Zebra Coffee Domes has been popular Disney dessert since Boma Disney opened at the Animal Kingdom Lodge in 2001. These zebra domes are so popular that they have gone beyond the Boma menu! Now you can get the zebra domes at Mara anytime you want!
BOMA – FLAVORS OF AFRICA
Boma – Flavors of Africa is also located in Jambo House of the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Boma Disney features African-style cooking in a buffet setting. The Boma menu features items from fifty different African countries.
Boma Disney was designed to resemble an open African marketplace. Food is prepared in view of diners in open cooking areas which allows for interaction between chefs, cooks, and guests.
The zebra domes some would say is the best dessert at Walt Disney World. The zebra domes are unique and very addictive! Found on the boma menu, you can east as many zebra domes as you would like!
Because the zebra domes are so popular, you can get a 4 pack of this Disney dessert at The Mara, Animal Kingdom Lodge’s quick service.
Why is the zebra domes so popular on the boma menu? The secret ingredient is Amarula Liquor in the zebra dome! The Amarula liquor gives this Disney pastry it’s unique taste!
Since Animal Kingdom Lodge’s debut in 2001, Boma was quickly a hit. These coffee flavored desserts have been the most popular item on the Disney menu!
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE RECIPES:
Zebra Coffee Domes has been popular Disney dessert since Boma Disney opened at the Animal Kingdom Lodge in 2001.
- 1 pound milk chocolate
- ¼ cup espresso coffee
- 5 egg yolks
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 sheets gelatin
- ½ cup Amarula Cream Liqueur
- 4 cups heavy cream
- ¾ cup white chocolate ganache
- ¼ cup dark chocolate ganache
- sponge cake
- Melt milk chocolate.
- Whip heavy cream to soft peaks.
- Mix yolks with sugar.
- Soften gelatin leaves in cold water.
- Mix gelatin with Amarula Cream and coffee. Set bowl over hot water bath to dissolve the gelatin.
- Fold 1/3 of whipped cream into the chocolate.
- Add the yolks, then the gelatin mixture.
- Fold in the rest of the cream.
- Pour mousse in flexipan domes almost to the top.
- Place sponge circle (1/4″ thick yellow cake cut in a circle) on top. Leave in the freezer to set.
- Once hard, unmold and place in glazing racks.
- Make white chocolate ganache and chocolate ganache.
- Put chocolate ganache in a pastry bag. Ladle white chocolate ganache to cover each dome. Simultaneously, pipe a stripe design of chocolate ganache over the dome.
- Refrigerate to allow the glaze to set.
- Decorate the bottom edge with coffee crunch.
- Place a chocolate covered coffee bean on the center of each dome.
One sheet of gelatin is equal to one teaspoon of unflavored powdered gelatin dissolved in ¼ cup of water.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 486 Total Fat: 38g Saturated Fat: 23g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 144mg Sodium: 72mg Carbohydrates: 29g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 25g Protein: 8g
Want to know more about Zebra Domes? Check out these blog posts:
Must-Eat Snacks at The Mara in Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge from Disney Food Blog
FOODIE FRIDAY: SNACK SPOTLIGHT ON ZEBRA DOMES from Mouse For Less