Last Updated on
1 1/2 pounds yellow potatoes or Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup Amarillo hot pepper paste
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
For the Crabmeat
1 1/2 cup cooked crabmeat
1/4 cup finely diced red onion
1/4 cup finely diced red pepper
1/4 cup finely diced celery
1/4 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons Amarillo hot pepper paste” See salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Drop the potatoes in a large pot of salted boiling water and boil them briskly until they are tender.
2. In the meantime, make a sauce by combining the lemon juice, hot pepper paste, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper together with a whisk.
3. Drain the potatoes and mash them into a smooth purée with a fork. Beat in the sauce, a tablespoon at a time, and taste for seasoning.
4. Spread the mash mix out on a cookie sheet, about 1/2″ thick, cover and set aside to cool.
5. For the crabmeat, combine all the ingredients together in a small mixing bowl. Chill in refrigerator for two to three hours to allow the flavors to develop.
6. To serve, at the firm potatoes into 2 1/2-inch long diamond shapes and place 2 pieces on each of 4 serving plates. To serve, but divide the crap into four portions and mound on top of the potato diamonds.