3 pounds Idaho potatoes
3 cups onion, diced
3 cups leeks, diced
1 TB butter
1 quart heavy cream
salt and pepper to taste
1. Bake the potatoes in a 375 degree oven for 50 minutes.
2. Saute onions and leeks in butter on low heat until clear.
3. Add heavy cream.
4. Once potatoes are done, scoop the center out with a spoon.
5. Once the heavy cream comes to a simmer, add the potatoes you scooped out.
6. Let simmer for 10 minutes, then pull off stove and puree the soup in a blender.
7. Next, strain through a fine mesh strainer. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Cook’s Note: You must cool as soon as possible. If you cook the soup too long afte adding potatoes, the soup will come out brown.