Last Updated on
Salted Valhrona Chocolate Ice Cream
Yield: 1 Quart
10 Oz Valhrona Chocolate
2 1/3 Cup Heavy Cream
2 1/3 Cup Whole Milk
1 Cup Sugar
6 Each Egg Yolks, fresh
1/2 Oz Maldon Sea Salt
1. In a mixing bowl, combine half the sugar and egg yolks. Whip until
pale yellow in color then set aside.
2. Combine milk, cream, and remaining sugar in a pot. Bring up to a
3. Temper warm cream mixture into lightly whipped egg yolks.
4. Return to heat and cook on low flame until mixture lightly
5. Pour half of this custard over chocolate in a bowl, allow the
chocolate to melt.
6. Pour remaining custard into chocolate mixture, and then stir in sea
7. Strain through a chinoise and allow to chill in the refrigerator.
8. Run through an ice cream machine following manufacturer?s
Valhrona Chocolate Terrine
Yield: 4 Servings
3/8 Pound Valhrona Chocolate
1/8 Quart Heavy Cream
2/3 Oz Butter
Amarena Cherries, (there are several brands available in gourmet stores or online)
1. Prepare your Salted Valhrona Chocolate Ice Cream using the recipe above.
2. Cut Chocolate into small pieces in a bowl and set aside.
3. Heat the Heavy Cream and Butter until steam appears.
4. Pour Heavy Cream mixture over the Chocolate and stir until smooth.
This creates a Ganache.
5. Pour the Ganache into a prepared terrine mold lined with plastic.
Wrap tightly with plastic and place into the refrigerator.
6. Top with Amarena Cherries before serving.