Chocolate Lava Cake 8 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate squares, chopped, or 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 sticks of butter
5 egg yokes
4 whole eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly butter sides of 6 individual (3/4 cup) ramekins. Lightly coat with sugar, shake out excess.
2. Melt chocolate and butter in top of double boiler set over simmering water. Stir until smooth. Remove from over water and cool 10 minutes
3. Beat egg yolks and whole eggs together in a large bowl; add sugar and beat until thick and light, about 2 minutes.
4. Fold in chocolate mixture.
5. Sift flour, then fold into batter, mixing until smooth. Divide batter among prepared cups, filling 3/4 full.
6. Place on a baking sheet and bake about 35 to 40 minutes or until sides of cake are set and middle is still soft. Do not overbake.
7. Using a small knife, cut around sides of cake to loosen. Invert onto plates and drizzle with ganache.
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup Bailey’s Irish cream
4 ounces milk chocolate
Stir together cream and Bailey’s in a small saucepan over medium heat. Just before boiling point, remove from heat and stir in milk chocolate.
Note: you can also use muffin tins; recipe makes 12. Bake for 15 minutes until set and middle is still soft.