Last Updated on
1 1/2 cups Citrus Roundup BBQ Rub (recipe follows)
1 (4-pound) rack pork spareribs, trimmed of excess fat
1/2 cup water
1 cup favorite barbecue sauce
1. Sprinkle Citrus BBQ Rub on both sides of ribs, rubbing the meat to adhere. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 8 hours, or overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 350° F. Place ribs in a roasting pan or on a baking sheet, and pour water into pan. Cover with foil and roast for 1 hour.
3. Remove the pan from oven and uncover. Pour off any excess water. Evenly coat top of ribs with barbecue sauce. Return pan to oven and roast for 30 minutes more.
4. Remove the pan from the oven and cover lightly with foil. Let ribs rest for 10 minutes.
5. Slice the ribs between each bone with a serrated knife. Serve immediately.
Citrus Roundup BBQ Rub
2 1/2 tablespoons lemon pepper
2 tablespoons seasoning salt
2 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
1/4 tablespoon cayenne pepper
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir to combine