Last Updated on
1 cake (your favorite recipe)
24 ounces Chocolate Mousse Batch (recipe below)
6 ounces Ganache (recipe below)
8 ounces Whiskey Syrup (recipe below)
Cut your round cake into 3 layers. Take each layer and drizzle whiskey syrup over each, covering generously. After whiskey syrup soaks in, cover each layer with chocolate mousse, and stack all layers together. Cover completed cake with mousse and decorate with Ganache for icing using a pastry bag with a star tip.
1 pound Chocolate disks
1/2 quart Heavy cream
1. Heat Cream – do not scald.
2. Remove from heat and stir in Chocolate Coins until smooth.
Chocolate Mousse (Batch)
4 1/2 ounces powdered sugar
1/2 quart whipping cream — whipped
7 fluid ounces egg yolk — pasteurized
12 ounces chocolate coins (or other high quality chopped chocolate)
1. Whip eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Carefully melt the chocolate over double-boiler steam bath stirring often.
3. When steps 1 and 2 are complete, fold the melted chocolate into the egg and sugar mixture. Then fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture.
4. Place in the cooler to chill, then portion and serve.
3/4 quart Water
1/2 pound Sugar
6 ounces Canadian Club Whiskey
1. Combine Water and Sugar in a saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil; stir until all Sugar is dissolved.
3. Remove from heat, add the Whiskey.