Last Updated on
½ batch Cabernet sauce (recipe below)
½ batch Red Skinned Mashed Potatoes (recipe below)
1 ½ pounds Beef, cooked and shaved (use prime rib)
½ batch Aioli (recipe below)
1 ½ pints Vegetables, sautéed (red pepper, spinach, mushrooms, and yellow squash)
1. Reheat the shaved beef in the cabernet sauce.
2. Hollow out the middle of the puff pastry shells.
3. Fill shells with red-skinned mashed potatoes, top with hot shaved beef.
4. Spoon the mixed vegetables on top of the beef.
5. Using a ketchup bottle filled with Aioli, squirt a zigzag pattern of Aioli over the top of your creation.
Cabernet Sauce (serves 12)
1 pint Cabernet sauvignon
3 each Shallot, minced
1 quart Demi Glace
2 tbsp Sugar
2 tbsp Cracked Black Pepper
2 tbsp Heavy Cream
1 tbsp Butter
1. Sauté shallots in butter, add cabernet, and reduce by half.
2. Add Demi-Glace and reduce by a third.
3. Add sugar, black pepper, and heavy cream – strain and serve.
Aioli (serves 8)
4 each Garlic cloves, mashed
2 each Egg yolks
1/8 tsp Salt
1 cup Olive oil
1 tsp Vinegar
1 tsp Fresh Lemon Juice
Beat eggs until very thick and lemon colored. Beat in mashed garlic and salt. Beating constantly, add olive oil, VERY SLOWLY. After about half the oil has been added and the mixture is thickening, add vinegar, and lemon juice. The continue adding olive oil slowly, beating until the thick emulsion is formed.
Red Skinned Mashed Potatoes (serves 12)
4 1/8 pounds Red Potatoes (washed)
3 tbsp Chives (cut into 2” pieces)
1 cup Milk
1 cup Heavy Cream
3 tbsp Butter (cut into large chunks)
½ tbsp Granuated Garlic
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Place potatoes in a pot and cover with cold water.
2. Boil potatoes until they are cooked thoroughly and mash.
3. Add heavy cream, butter, and milk, and incorporate together.
4. Fold in roasted root vegetables.
5. Season, garnish with chives and serve.