Frushi is served at the Walt Disney World Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot! This fruit inspired sushi is a popular dish to get!!
Epcot’s Flower and Garden Festival
The flower and garden festival at Epcot is over 25 years old. In 2013 Epcot’s Flow and Garden Festival introduced marketplace food booths. The flower and garden festival food booths are similar to the ones at Epcot’s Food and Wine Festival.
What is frushi? Frushi is fruit sushi. This Epcot food combines the following into this frushi recipe:
- sushi rice
- cream of coconut
Then it is made into fruit sushi by wrapping all up in soy wrappers. The final touch on Epcot’s frushi is a garnish of toasted coconut, raspberry puree, and whipped cream!
Frushi at Epcot[hercules_review id=””]
Have you had the frushi at Epcot? Let me know in comments how you would rate the Frushi on a scale of 1-10, with:
- 10 being the best
- 1 being the worse
Then I can add your ratings into rating meter above for the frushi recipe!
Be sure to check out:
- 2 cups sushi rice, cooked per package directions
- 1 tablespoon cream of coconut
- 16 soy wrappers
- 16 fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1/2 cantaloupe, cut into four-inch-long by 1/4-inch-wide rectangles
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled and cored cut into four-inch-long by 1/4-inch-wide rectangles
- toasted coconut, for garnish
- raspberry puree, for garnish
- whipped cream, for garnish
- Cook the sushi rice. Let sushi rice cool slightly; stir in cream of coconut. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Lay one soy wrapper on a flat surface. Place about 1/4 cup sushi rice on the soy wrapper, pressing with moistened fingers to cover the whole sheet.
- Place one piece each of pineapple and cantaloupe, and four pieces of strawberry in the center of the rice-covered sheet.
- Starting at one end, fold about 1/3 of the roll up, then roll the sheet into a cylinder, keeping the fruit in the middle. Moisten soy wrapper to seal.
- Cut into 4 equal pieces
- Garnish with raspberry puree, coconut, and whipped cream!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 93 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 1mg Sodium: 34mg Carbohydrates: 15g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 7g Protein: 1g
Are you looking for more Disney blogs? Check out the latest feeds from these Disney Blogs:
AllEars.Net The Unofficial Disney Vacation Planning Guide - Walt Disney World, Disneyland and Disney Cruise Line
- New Stroller Rentals Now Being Tested at Disney’s Animal Kingdomby Sierra Vieregge on June 26, 2019 at 11:44 am
- New Stroller Rentals Now Being Tested at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Disney Tourist Blog Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks
- Art of Animation Update: 2019-2020 Resort & Pool Refurbishmentsby Tom Bricker on June 26, 2019 at 12:12 am
- Art of Animation Update: 2019-2020 Resort & Pool Refurbishments