Last Updated on
1/2 pound mushrooms, roasted
4 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
to taste- kosher salt
to taste- fresh cracked pepper
4 tablespoons whole butter
1 small onion
1 pound Arborio rice
7 cups beef stock
2 cups heavy cream
1 1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese
Method of Preparation:
1. Clean mushrooms and toss with enough olive oil just to coat. Add the minced garlic and season with salt and pepper.
2. Place on parchment lined sheet pan and roast in 375 oven for 20 minutes. Set aside.
3. In a deep six quart heavy pan, melt 2 -3 Tbs of butter over medium low heat.
4. Saute the onions, seasoning with salt and pepper, until soft and clear.
5. Raise the heat to medium and add the rice.
6. Cook for about three minutes, stirring frequently until it looks chalky and a white dot is clearly visible in the center of each grain.
7. Meanwhile, bring your beef stock to a simmer.
8. Heat the cream and keep it on low to keep warm.
9. Begin to add the beef stock one cup at a time, simmering and stirring until each addition has been absorbed by the rice before adding the next.
10. After all of the beef stock has been added, fold in the roasted mushrooms. Begin adding the cream, 1/2 cup at a time and begin tasting.
11. When ready, rice should be close to tender, but with a little more firmness to the bite. It should be slightly loose, with a creamy consistency. Never overcook to mush.
12. Remove pan from the heat and fold in the remaining butter and parmesan cheese.
13. Allow the risotto to rest for a couple of minutes, then enjoy