Epcot’s France Pavilion
When entering Epcot’s World Showcase after England, there is a bridge. You cross the bridge into Epcot’s France Pavilion.
French music is heard as you enter the French territory. The romance of France is showcased in this World Showcase Country in Epcot.
Disney’s France Pavilion is themed to look like a Parisienne neighborhood with a pool and fountains and with a view of the Eiffel Tower in the distance. Most of the shops in this Disney attraction are actual shops selling French goods.
This Epcot attraction mirrors France’s cities and historical structures. It also includes two French restaurants, Monsieur Paul (formerly the Bistro de Paris) and Les Chefs de France as well as the eateries Les Halles Boulangerie and Patisserie and L’artisan des Glace ice-cream parlor.
Les Chefs de France
Epcot’s Chef de France was opened by French gastronomic legends Roger Vergé, Gaston Lenôtre and Paul Bocuse. Les Chefs de France opened at Epcot’s inception in 1982.
In 2009, Disney introduced its smallest animatronic ever, Remy from the Disney animated feature Ratatouille! Remy appears at Les Chef de France several times daily. The Disney character from Ratatouille is brought around by a handler to appear at diners’ tables.
A croque monsieur is a baked or fried boiled ham and cheese sandwich. The dish originated in French cafés and bars as a quick snack.
The Croque Monsieur is a favorite in Epcot’s France Pavilion. It was served in the Les Chefs de France restaurant, however, it is no longer on the menu.
You can, however, find it in Les Halles Boulangerie and Patisserie. I was lucky to have had it in Chef de France dining establishment. The chef there provided me with this Epcot recipe!
Check out these Recipes from Epcot:
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1/4 cup milk
- 6 ounces gruyère cheese, shredded
- 4 slices of Gruyère cheese, thickly sliced
- 1/16 teaspoon fresh-grated or ground nutmeg
- 8 slices firm white bread (thickly sliced)
- 1/4 pound sliced cooked French ham
- Shredded provolone, parmesan and Swiss mixed together
- In a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat, stir shallots in 1-tablespoon butter.
- Stir often until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Add flour; stir until blended.
- Remove from heat and add broth and milk; whisk to blend well.
- Return to heat and whisk until mixture is boiling vigorously.
- Remove from heat and add cheese and nutmeg; stir until cheese is melted.
- Pour sauce into a bowl.
- Lightly butter one side of each bread slice and lay buttered sides down on a sheet pan.
- Divide half the cheese sauce equally among 4 slices; spread sauce to edges.
- Lay ham, cheese equally over sauce, top with the remaining bread slices.
- Place the provolone, parmesan and Swiss cheese on top of the bread and bake in 400F oven until cheese is melted.
- Mickey and Minnie Spice of Life Salt & Pepper Shaker
- Disney Parks Exclusive Mickey Mouse Glove Hand Oven Mitt
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 848 Total Fat: 51g Saturated Fat: 27g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 18g Cholesterol: 202mg Sodium: 2333mg Carbohydrates: 38g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 6g Protein: 60g
Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon
Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon was part of the Canada Food booth in 2014's Epcot International Food and Wine Festival. This beef recipe was a favorite!
Frushi is served at the Walt Disney World Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot! This fruit inspired sushi is a popular dish to get!!
The Teppan edo is a hibachi restaurant is quite the show to see in Disney's Epcot. The ginger sauce they serve with your meal is a must try!
Food and Wine Festival Recipes
Are you looking for more Food and Wine Festival Recipes? Check out these recipes from Epcot's International Food and Wine Festival!
Looking for more info on the Epcot Worldshowcase? Check out these blog posts:
- Drinking Around the World at Epcot from Visit Florida
- IllumiNations Post Show: A World Showcase Stroll from Disney Tourist Blog